It makes sense to promote your App on your website, rather than sending traffic directly to the App store. The reasoning behind this is simple… It’s a chance for your website visitor to read about the App and use the download links while they can see everything else that you offer. It will also increase your website traffic and, better still, the App makes a great free offer on your site (we call it a ‘Call to Action’). You can find out more about Calls to Action in this video.
So when you consider adding the App to your site, you should think carefully about the new page you are placing it on and where to add Call To Action buttons on the Home page of your website, so your visitors can access the App page quickly and easily. You can also have links in the page footer if this fits the design of your website.
4 things you need when promoting your App on your website
To add your App to your website you need the following 4 things. You can either develop these yourself using your internal team or external agency, or ask our team to help.
- Page copy with SEO – Provided in the optional marketing pack
- Intelligent QR code – Also available in the marketing pack
- Images of your App – Your design agency can supply or we can – details here
- Direct links to your App in Apple and Android store – if you don’t have these please email [email protected]
4 ways to generate significant visitor numbers to your new website page
Once you have created your new App page, how do you get visitors to it? There are a number of ways you can achieve this, the first being to email your current customers and potential clients. Tell them about the App, what it can do for them and why you have launched it. You can write these emails yourself or access them via our optional marketing pack.
Once you have successfully promoted the page by email, there are a number of other options to consider:
- Add the link to the footer of the email signature of all your staff.
- Share the page on Social Media, in particular LinkedIn (more about this in our free report), Twitter and Google+.
- Speak to one or two local newspapers or your PR agency about the launch. An App makes a great story!
- Consider flyers or Stickems to promote your App.
This is just the start of an incredibly exciting journey. I wish you all the best in promoting and sharing your App and building your App user base.
*If you need assistance preparing or sending emails, our marketing team have extensive experience in preparing, designing, writing and sending emails using a variety of platforms. Please contact me for details.